New Figurative Work: "Blue Umbrella In The Paris Rain"

11" X 14" oil painting on canvas-wrapped panel, Blue Umbrella In The Paris Rain, is a figurative painting from my award-winning series, Overview. It depicts an overhead view of a Parisian couple walking down St. Germain in Paris. The style of this original oil painting reflects a type of mark making that I have invented, a kind of "Pixelated Impressionism" where the expressive swashes of oil paint depict the motion, by expressive rendering of pixels from the original digital video reference image. My particular style of figurativism is part of the Paintography movement. Sold.

5 comments :

Nalita said...

This perspective is uniquely yours, isn't it? I LOVE it!

keatingart.com said...

Thanks for your comment, Nalita.

kousalya said...

I enjoyed reading your blog ~ thanks for posting such useful content./Nice article and great photos. Very nicely done!
oil Painting

Nancy Boulicault said...

Hi,

I adore this image and would love to use it on a website page about what to do in the rain on a vacation on Nantucket Island. Would it be possible to use it with a credit to you?

If not, don't worry. I understand.

Thanks,
Nancy

keatingart.com said...

Thank you, Nancy. It's okay to use on the web site page. Please credit: "Painting Courtesy Of WarrenKeating.com".