New Figurative Oil Painting: Orange Umbrella In Paris

14" X 18" original figurative oil painting on stretched canvas, Orange Umbrella On St. Germain In The Paris Rain is an above-view, figurative painting from my award-winning series, Overview. It depicts an overhead view of two people underneath an umbrella walking on St. Germain in front of the Hotel Lutetia as captured from my balcony. The style of this painting reflects a type of mark making that I have invented, a kind of "Pixelated Impressionism" where the expressive swashes of oil paint depict the motion of the person walking through expressive rendering of pixels from the original digital video reference image. My work is also considered part of the Paintography movement. Go to WarrenKeating.com for more info about my work.

No comments :